Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What, it's June already?

I've been gone in Ragnar land... between training and logistics and running the event I lost about two months.  But they were fabulous months!  Check out my other blog for a recap of Ragnar and why we are officially addicted.  I'm putting together the team for next year - registration by mid July to assure a spot.  It's amazing how fast a year goes by!

Summer is in full swing and I'm loving the traditional school year schedule.  Erin spent a bittersweet weekend with her BFF before she left for the summer traveling with family.  Now Erin must live without her until August.  So sad...  We had a blissful three weeks break from dance and tryouts were last week.  Erin is the newest member of team Mercury and will be doing both a jazz and lyrical number at competitions next year.  Summer classes start July 5th.

Erica is seventeen months old already and growing like a weed.  I put the dress she wore at Easter on her the other day and what used to hit her mid-calf now hits her mid-thigh.  She runs everywhere, jumps up and down when she gets excited, dances to any music she hears and has the most crazy facial expressions that show off her personality.  Her favorite person is her big sister and is loving having her home all day.

My job has turned into both a full time job during the day and a part time job at night with all the required on-call shifts now and I'm not loving it much.  Work continues on my novel... one day I'll be able to just write!  Clint is stuck on night shift for a while now because his company is very slow and we both hate it.  Printing is apparently a dying profession so who knows what will happen.  For now we are both grateful for jobs that pay us steady money.

I had my wisdom teeth taken out on Monday and lucky me got nerve damage from one of the shots of Novocaine.  So, now half of my face is numb like I've just come back from the dentist all the time.  Could take up to six months to go away but because it was just a shot and not a cut they say at some point it will get better.  I just have to be patient.  Yeah, right, me - the least patient woman on the planet.  At least the actual healing of the wisdom teeth seems to be going fairly well.

Oh, Erica is screaming to go outside so I'm off!  That baby sure rules the place!

No comments: