Yesterday was Erin's Parent/Teacher Conference. I know, that isn't exactly what they call it now but I am old-school and no matter how many times I hear Parent/Student/Educator Conference it will still translate to parent/teacher between my ears and my brain!
Erin is doing super-good at school and the main thing she has to improve on is being less social. The old "talk less, work more" syndrome. What I find amazing is how well she does with such little effort since if what I hear is accurate she is so busy socializing she doesn't even have time to have good handwriting. It is a bit disconcerting for me that she would rather do math problems at home than sit down with a book but I was always good at math, too. Well, that is until I met my match in Calculus and promptly dropped it my senior year. I am so proud of our good student who continues to amaze me! We love you, Erin!
Yesterday was also Grandparent's Day at school and she couldn't stop talking about how much fun she had having lunch with her three special guests. It was also enlightening for me to hear about how she flitted from one friend to another worrying about who was sad because they didn't have guests or couldn't find them. It amazes me to think she is already becoming her own person when I am not around. They grow up too fast! Thanks to Gram, Grandma and Pa for helping make yesterday memorable for Erin!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
No comments:
Post a Comment