I am in need of a moment to blow of some steam and avoid sticking my nose into someone else's business so I thought I would do this fun version of frivolity I saw on Kerstin's blog last week. It is an expanded version of "put and X if you've done it or O if you haven't" exercise... Enjoy!
(X) Been to Canada- Clint and I went to Langley, British Columbia in 2001 to ski at Big White with some friends. It was also the trip where I figured out I was pregnant with Erin - and promply freaked out at all the hot tubing and drinking we'd been doing. She turned out ok, though!
(X) Been to Mexico- Clint and I went to Puerto Vallarta for our honeymoon and we've been to several port cities on the couple of cruises we've done.
(O) Been to Florida- hmmm... someday!
(O) Been to Hawaii- I think I'm the only one in my family who hasn't been yet!
(X) Gone on a blind date- Yes, almost too many! The worst was the freak who took me to the Zoo because he liked to watch the animals MATE and the best was Clint who ended up being my soul mate and hubby!
(X) Skipped school- Yes and the most memorable was the first time - skipped sewing to walk around the neighborhoods in 9th grade. I thought it was boring at the time but I got the hang of it in HS
(X) Watched someone die- I watched my Grandpa die and it was both the saddest and the best thing I've ever witnessed.
(X) Been on a plane- yes, lots. I have even logged my own flight time behind the stick and soloed when I was in college and still thought I wanted to be a pilot when I grew up. Someday I will finish my pilot's license training.
(X) Been on a helicopter- I got to go up with one of the instructors when I worked at the airport at a flight school. I got to actually try flying for a minute and it was WAY complicated!
(X) Been lost- Most memorable was when we took a weird pit stop on a road trip back from California for breakfast with my family. I don't know how we did it but we ended up driving around new housing developments around Las Vegas for like an hour trying to get back on the freeway. Clint was less than thrilled....
(O) Been an extra in a film
(O) Been to a TV show taping- Do people really do this?
(X) Visited Washington, DC- Been there several times and it is beautiful! First time was the summer between my Junior and Senior year when I was a VICA state officer and we went back for training. I got to go a couple more times for work for training. The last time I got to take Clint with me and visit family in Baltimore.
(X) Traveled by San Francisco trolley- we did this the day we flew to SF just for the day when Amy was a travel agent. Good times!
(X) Traveled to Europe- 2 weeks in Germany with Clint and Erin. I am sad Erin doesn't remember any of it because she was too young. Next stop: Italy
(O) Traveled to Asia- I've never even thought about going!
(O) Went to the top of the World Trade Center -nope and now I never will....
(O) Been to Jamaica-not yet!
(X) Swam in the ocean- I've done it but I don't love the salt water. Give me a lake any day!
(X) Cried yourself to sleep- more than once
(X) Played cops and robbers- I'm thinking we did when we were kids but I can't remember for sure. It sucks getting old!
(X) Recently colored with crayons- of course, I am a Mom!
(X) Skipped a final exam- My last semester of school I didn't finish any of my classes because I had a pseudo tumor cerebri.... (How's that for the new graduate of Medical Terminology?)
(X) Sang Karaoke- More than I should have back in the bar hopping days of my youth!
(X) Watched the birth of a child- Does the video in the birthing classes count because that's the only one I've seen. I even refused the mirror when offered at Erin's birth... ick!
(X) Paid for a meal with coins only- didn't everyone when they were teenagers? Back when you used to charge your friends a dollar for gas money if you drove to hang out!
(O) Been to the top of the St. Louis Arch -hmmm... another city I've never had the desire to visit
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't-who hasn't? I just stopped making insane rules for myself and now I can do whatever I want without guilt.
(X) Made prank phone calls- another rite of adolescence!
(O) Been down Bourbon Street in New Orleans - no, and I missed my chance when my friend from college lived in New Orleans and offered a free place to stay for MartiGra!
(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose-I wish I could forget this one!
(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(X) Danced in the rain - I love rain and I love dancing in it! Only Erin will do it with me...
(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus- like every year baby!!
(X) Been kissed under the mistletoe-
(X) Watched the sunrise with someone- I've even done this in the last month with Clint. He didn't want me to miss the fantastic clouds that looked like nothing too special or out of the ordinary to my non-artist's eye.
(X) Blown bubbles - sometimes I even went over the line and wouldn't share with Erin and they were her bubbles. I love to blow bubbles!
(X) Gone ice-skating - I used to be really good and the last time we went it was not pretty...
(X) Gone to the movies in 2009- I LOVE Movies although since Erin we see more kid movies in the theater than "grown up" ones.
(O) Been deep sea fishing- that is what Clint does while Erin and I play on the beach in the sand! We did go whale and dolphin sighting the last time we were in SoCal!
(O) Driven across the United States- no but I would love to! I love road trips!!!
(O) Been in a hot air balloon
(O) Been sky diving - now why would I jump out of a perfectly good airplane that with my limited flight experience I could land even without a working engine?
(X) Gone snowmobiling- I am going to count the trip where we went to someones cabin (I think it was Slims?) and had to snowmobile in. Otherwise, nope...
(O) Lived in more than one country - but I sure would like to!!
(X) Lay down outside at night and admired the stars while listening to the crickets - I do this all the time in the summer!
(X) Seen a falling star and made a wish
(X) Seen the Old Faithful Geyser- I heard it isn't so faithful anymore... The best time we were in Yellowstone was when Dad locked the keys in the car when we went to see the fishing bridge
(O) Seen the Statue of Liberty- someday I will make it to New York - I used to think I wanted to live there but not anymore
(O) Gone to the top of Seattle Space Needle - maybe when we get out to see Clint's sister who lives there
(X) Been on a cruise-Best vacation for the money... especially when you have a hubby who eats like Clint!
(X) Traveled by train - the only way we got around in Germany
(X) Traveled by motorcycle - I had a motorcycle license before my driver's license!
(X) Been horse back riding- I have many memories - some fonder than others - of riding my uncle's horses growing up. And when Amy and I did it in Mexico on our first cruise together!
(O) Been to Disneyland, Disney World, and Japan's Disneyland - 1 out of 3.... and that was enough!
(X) Been pulled over by a police officer -Let's not talk about this... Clint still gets mad that I haven't "grown out of" my speeding habits.
(X) Gotten a ticket- unfortunately I never fully perfected the art of talking my way out of them
(X) Truly believe in the power of prayer - there are many forms of prayer and yes...
(O) Been in a rain forest - I hope I get a chance before they are all gone
(X) Seen whales in the ocean - it was SO cool!!
(O) Been to Niagara Falls - don't know that I want to but at the same time seems kinda cool
(O) Ridden on an elephant - it doesn't look comfortable
(O) Swam with dolphins
(X) Been to the Olympics- I lived in Salt Lake in 2002 but didn't get to see any of the official events. We hung out downtown at the medals plaza one night so I'm counting it!
(X) Sat on a jury- yes and I kind of liked it... got to convict a repeat sex offender!
(O) Learned to juggle - not coordinated enough!
(O) Walked on the Great Wall of China-eeeehh
(O) Saw a glacier- no and again, I hope I do someday before they are all gone
(O) Been spinnaker flying- What is that?
(O) Been water-skiing- I think I tried once and was never coordinated enough.
(X) Been snow-skiing- Love Skiing but haven't been in years
(O) Been to Westminster Abbey
(O) Been to the Louvre - I would love to go one day
(O) Swam in the Mediterranean
(O) Been to a Major League Baseball game- Just say NO to baseball
(X) Been to a National Football League game- Saw my Bear's in Denver playing Clint's Bronco's - it was so cold but so fun!
(X) Been to a Professional Soccer game- once a friend gave us his tickets to Real Salt Lake. I was lost the whole time but Clint loved it.
1 comment:
Yay! Thank you for doing this :) I didn't think anyone would do it since it is such a novel..... anyway, I loved learning a little bit more about you :)
Post a Comment