Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Xtreme Danzz


Dance competition season is officially upon us!  Two weeks ago we were at SLCC for the Xtreme Danzz competition.  This is one we don't normally go to but the studio had costume arrival issues and we had to push back the date of the first competition and miss the Rocky Mountain Classic we normally kick off with.  I heard there was some steep competition with one particular team but it was nothing we couldn't handle! Erin's team took 1st place in their division for their "Shopping" jazz routine, 2nd for their hip hop routine "Jump" and the ETR (entire team routine) took 2nd for "Just Dance".  I think it was nice for the girls to have some very stiff competition so they know how hard they need to work to stay on top. 

This season, Erin's cousin and one of her BFF's, Brynlee, is on the team as well.  Which means that now there are two nieces and two granddaughters dancing ... and therefore no excuses not to come and watch for Aunt Denice, Uncle Shaun and Grandma and Pa.  They were all troopers with their happy faces when they realized it was going to be an all day thing since together there are 5 dances to watch.  I know the support is very much appreciated both from me and the girls.

Daddy stayed home with Erica and had a little bonding time.  I don't know what made him happier - spending time with his newest angel who has him wrapped around her little finger already or that he did NOT have to sit on bleachers and break his back.  I'm just glad that I did not have to deal with being Dance Mom on top of regular Mom all day.  I do the dance thing, Daddy does the baby thing and it works out perfectly!

I love Dance and even more I love living vicariously through my daughter since I never got to dance as a kid.  Hopefully both Erin and Erica will love it their entire lives so my dreams can be long-lived!

1 comment:

Kerstin and Jed said...

I LOVE that you love dance :) I can't wait until these girls are on the highschool level so I'll have an excuse to go watch the drill competitions I love so much :) Hopefully they will continue to love competition! And I need to get the "girl making" tips from you because I need a daughter!!!