There is nothing more fabulous in all the world than having a nanny.
I remember with pain and horror the first time we ever left Erin with a day-care provider 8 1/2 long years ago. 12 hours later, she was still in her pajamas (even though I left a change of clothes and instructions that when she woke up she needed to get dressed), she'd only had two diapers used out of the diaper bag and it looked like she'd been crying all day. She was eight weeks old and never went back to that lady again. After a desperate call to my Mom with me in tears, Erin spent many months with my Mom and my Gram while we finally found a suitable provider. When me moved a few years later, we totally lucked out and found "Dayna Darling" where she was until kindergarten.
Now, eight years later and three years since we've had to do the daycare dance, it is Erica's turn. I went back to work in March - seven weeks after I had her and a week later than scheduled due to my pesky gall bladder. Since then she's been spending the days with her Grandma and Pa and I've only worked three days a week until our nanny was done with finals and could start working. Today marks two milestones: my first week back to my full-time schedule - which I've been looking forward to so I can actually be productive again!, and the first day Erica spent with her nanny.
This morning it was like the heavens opened up and all the gods of history smiled down on me with bliss... I didn't have to rush around and leave enough time to transport Erica anywhere, no diaper bag packing the night before and double-checking this morning, just left the house with time to drive to work. How amazing is that? Erin is off track so she didn't even have to be dropped off at school! I am one happy Mommy because I know my girls are home with their own stuff, sleeping in their own beds and being cared for by someone who already adores them! I owe SO MUCH to my fabulous cousin and her hook up that allowed us to find our fabulous nanny. (I'd say I owe her my first born but I wouldn't really be telling the truth so I won't!)
For all of you out there who are green with envy, I'm sorry. But I'm still not going to stop gloating and enjoying this phenomenal new phase of our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment