Monday, April 4, 2011

Dance season in full swing

We are two competitions into this dance competition season with three more to go.  Erin, who you'll remember had a very hard time adjusting to her old studio closing last year, said to me the other day that she is so happy she is at Synergy.  She still misses the friendships she developed at Stars but she likes the dancing here at Synergy much better.  Mom likes knowing that all the hard work and effort I spent running around over the summer to find the perfect dance studio resulted in the very best decision, even in hind sight.  Synergy has exhibited total domination in the first two competitions - to the point that it almost gets embarrassing as they are reading first place after first place... almost.  But even better is the way Erin has grown as a dancer in the past year with the amazing technique and instruction and drive to push each dancer to the best of their ability.  I never want it to be about anything competitive - winning isn't what it's about - and it is so nice to see her still flourishing and loving to dance and tumble.  I hope she never grows tired of it because I will never grow tired of watching her.  Of course, Daddy would rather save the money we spend every month for dance and spend it instead on a boat.  But, as Erin shot back at him the last time he said it (in a super sassy voice...) "I can dance all year, Daddy but you can only boat for a couple months in the summer so it isn't a good trade".  That's my girl!  My beautiful dancing girl!

No comments: