Monday, April 18, 2011
Spring!
The best part about spring is that now we can gather in the driveway with the neighbors on random and spontaneous occasions just to shoot the breeze. I think of it as the neighborhood coming out of hibernation after the long winter. We spent a lovely hour with the neighbors last night on one such occasion. I was stinky and sunburned from my two and a half hour run in the cloudy afternoon - who remembers sunscreen when you don't need sunglasses! - and thoroughly enjoyed chasing Erica and her BFF from next door away from the road while trying to have adult conversation. Erin was a big sister in perfect form chasing the babies half the time to give the mommies a break while the daddies stood looking on with beers in hand ready to step in if they actually ran toward the house instead of toward the road. Erin was outside helping Clint with the yard work - she's grounded and couldn't play with her friends so I think this was her brilliant out-of-the-box way to get outside - and came in to tell me that there was a party going on and that I needed to come out. Mark my words, she will always be some kind of party planner or coordinator of her social scene! Erica was happy to trade climbing up and down on the couch - her new favorite pastime - for running toward the street giggling while people chased her. We have such amazing neighbors and I can't wait for the rainy season to be over so we can enjoy the outdoors even more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment