Never again, as long as I live, will I ever have to buy diapers again!! *happy dance*
Erica is officially wearing big girl panties morning, noon, and overnight with zero accidents for going on a week. I figured I'd give myself at least that long so I knew it wasn't a fluke before shouting the news from the rooftops.
We've been working on potty training since about March. I got super frustrated when a couple of months ago it seemed like she still wasn't getting it and it was costing more to buy pull-ups than diapers. I went back to diapers for a couple of weeks and tried not to care. Bought more pull-ups because they are way more convenient and tried not to think of the extra cost when I could pull them down whenever the opportunity for potty training was at hand instead of dealing with the hassle of a diaper. And then one magical day a couple of weeks ago she said she wanted panties. We had a frank discussion (well, as frank as it gets when she's still two) about how if mommy puts you in panties and you poop in them mommy throws them in the trash and we don't buy new ones. She said she understood, and we donned the bribery I had bought months ago and had been languishing in her drawer: monkey panties. And she proceeded never to pee in them again. Well, okay, there was one accident. ONE.
Once I knew it wasn't a fluke because it had lasted three days, we went to the store and let her pick out two more packages - Minnie and Dora. We lost two pair of Minnie because she pooped in them. I spent two days pleading with her to poop in the potty which she responded to by avoiding pooping to the point of impending constipation. I spent an evening drinking adult beverages sitting in the empty bathtub while she sat on the toilet crying and chanting 'no poop potty'. And the next day the promise of a $1 balloon got her over the hump and we are pooping in the potty regularly, too.
It's like I just got a $30/month raise now that I don't have to buy diapers of any kind. My purse has ceased to moonlight as a diaper bag whenever I leave the house with the kids in tow. And I just have to be more conscious of the "go before you leave" ritual and know where every public restroom is at all times.
NEVER AGAIN feels like heaven! Of course I'm sure OCD people like me are saying "well, what about when you are a grandma, then you'll probably buy diapers again and that's still in your lifetime". So I will rephrase for my OCD as well. I'll never ever ever ever ever have to buy diapers for my own children ever again as long as I live. Can you tell I'm super excited or what?
No comments:
Post a Comment