Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Testing, testing... 1, 2, 3

Well hello there long lost friend... the void I used to talk to on the regular... It's been a long time!

I'm having an existential crisis... or is it a creative block? Whatever the hell it is, I don't like it. I used to be a kick-ass and confident writer. Then I took 5 years to go back to college and graduate with a BA and MSML and lost all my habits. The me who killed academia thought I could just go back to exactly the way things used to be without skipping a beat. Jump into novel writing, kill NaNoWriMo, at least have a daily writing habit immediately. Truth is, I don't have those habits anymore because I didn't maintain them. I know HOW to write, I have a shiny undergraduate degree IN creative writing and English, but I can't remember what it's like to prioritize writing as if it were a second job. Also, I need to kick start the creativity wellspring where ideas come from. AKA recover from pandemic burnout. I've been revisiting things I did in the past to cultivate and build habits and the first thing I did on my writing journey oh so long ago was to blog regularly so I could hone my voice. Problem with that is, I am also a published author with a branded blog tied to my website talking about release news and projects for people who want to stay in the know. How do I use that site for overcoming my crisis? Dilemma for sure. 

But wait... I used to have two blogs! One chronicling my personal life with my family and one for the public. It's also 2021 (basically 2022 since it's so late in the year) and does anyone anywhere even read blogs anymore? I know no one who does regularly, making this as safe a place as any to write about my creativity woes and help get my habits back.

 Sit back, hold on, and watch for updates here. You'll be the first to know when my creativity is fully restored and we've hit pay dirt again.

No comments: