But, I digress....
I took Erin to Gardner Village with "Backseat Becky" for a girl's lunch. We had an insane wait for a table since everyone else in the city had the same thought that weekend due to a bout of nice weather. So we decided to see what all the fuss was about with their "Witches" while we killed time. Basically, they put up Halloween decorations and make a scavenger hunt type of game out of it so the kids in tow with their crafty, shop-a-holic moms will drag them to every nook and cranny of the gathering of shops looking for all the Witches in hopes said moms will spend spend spend. We fell into that trap for caramel apples and cotton candy and barely escaped with our lives and some fun photos from Becky's camera.
This was Erin's first Witch of the afternoon and she thought it was so cool to sit next to her on the bench.
This poor witch had seen better days since she's missing a hand! Oh well, don't I look fab in my favorite hat with my cute baby bump?
Hands down, Erin's favorite witch on display. She thought it was hilarious this one was in the outhouse - caught with her pants down no less!
I teased Erin that this will be her in about eight years ... and instead of crashing a broom, a car. But then it dawned on me that it wasn't really that funny and instead posed for a picture. Thanks, Beck-ster, for a great day and for sending me photos because back then I wasn't cool enough to have a phone with a camera yet!
Did I mention Halloween? Oh, I did? muhahahah
This year I wasn't the new girl at work who'd only worked there for a couple of weeks and didn't want to scare the co-workers with my obsession with Halloween, so I went all out and in the process convinced a couple of my co-workers to do the same.
This is us posing for the official costume contest - the 20's (Melissa) the 50's (Michelle) and the 80's (me) all in one photo. None of us won - because one team had a KILLER group costume that even I voted for - but at least we got photos for posterity! (And, yes, that is a real corsage on my wrist. I don't mess around when it comes to costumes!)
Michelle is a total ham - and I cannot get over how amazing this photo was of her!
Doesn't she look exactly like you picture a mean 50's housewife? At least that's how I picture I would look if I was expected to play the part of the 'Leave it to Beaver' life of oppression women were forced to endure back then! The best part is her bra strap showing which was completely unintentional on her part and made the costume complete! God, I love Halloween! And that I'm not the only person who dresses up every year at work. And that my company embraces the holiday with all the respect it deserves!






1 comment:
Yes, you do look fab! Also, I have a deep respect for anyone that will go to an event such as that one and not crumble...but, I say this is an agoraphobic.
Post a Comment