Yes, it's technically 2011 but I figured since I don't ever leave myself enough time to send Christmas cards out and I haven't been blogging here very regularly that I could kill two birds with one stone if I wrote a proverbial Christmas Letter and put it on the blog. *Brilliant!* And since I just barely put away the last of the Christmas decorations last night technically it is still the holiday season, right? RIGHT!
This has been a crazy year for all of us marked by the birth of Erica. It has been a wild ride adjusting to life with diapers and feeding schedules and dragging around all the trappings that go with a baby but it sure has been fun. Erica is coming up on her first birthday this month and has started to be defiantly willful - much like her mother as much as I hate to admit it. She can crawl so fast it is hard to keep up with her and has started to take steps when she feels it benefits her, but never when we want her to. She has an amazing nanny (that we love and could not live without) and is the happiest kid ever. She is the spitting image of Erin when she was a baby but at the same time is nothing like her.
Erin turned 9 in October and is such a joy. She kept her room clean - without asking or prodding - for 72 days earning her a cell phone for her birthday in October. After which she went back to her slothful ways and is constantly being threatened with it being taken away if she doesn't clean her room. *sigh* She is in the 3rd grade, loves to read, loves learning cursive, amazes me with her multiplication tables and still loves dance. Even more so, she loves being a big sister and is such a help with Erica. (Even though her room is a danger zone with choking hazards galore!) She is a classic "tween" with her new love of music, eye shadow and lip gloss.
This year was a tumultuous one for Erin and her dancing. The 2010 dance season was very successful with her team placing first or second at every competition. Then her studio announced they were closing, she won the cover-girl contest at the STARS Nationals competition in Las Vegas and we promptly had to find a new studio. We are now settled nicely at Synergy Dance Academy and she is making friends but missing her old ones still. The 2011 competition season begins in March and we are super excited. Well, Erin and Terra are super excited. Daddy is dreading it and Erica has no idea what it is.
This has been an amazing year for Clint and I full of traveling and family time. We spent the 4th of July in Montana at his little sister's wedding. We both agreed that if we were to ever leave Utah it would be for Montana - what a beautiful place! Then we spent Memorial Day in Seattle for the same sister's reception - it was a crazy road trip we did up and back in 3 days and thus didn't take the girls. It was nice to get away together and even the two speeding tickets we got didn't mar the great weekend.
This year was a transformation year for me. After I recovered from childbirth - which didn't take long since two weeks later I was back in my jeans - I did my second round of HCG and dropped another 25 pounds. Then I went back to running and never looked back. I ran two 5K races, a 10K and in October my first half marathon - 13.1 miles baby. It was amazing and this year I am not slowing down with Ragnar scheduled in June with Clint and ten of our closest friends. Should be amazing fun! 188 mile relay race from Logan to Park City in two days. Sounds crazy, I know!
Clint is still working on getting his knee 100% healthy from his ACL surgery a couple of years ago. He had another recent MRI showing that there has not been any new injury to his back and got the go-ahead to hit the gym - which we are doing together as a family.
Our life is crazy busy with both of us working full time jobs, Erin dancing three nights a week, the gym 5 times a week and hanging out with amazing friends and neighbors. So now you know why I have little time to blog! In all my spare time (ha ha ha) I am still working on writing my novel - I'm on yet another re-write - and Clint is doing projects around the house since he is constantly in motion.
So from our house to yours - we hope your 2010 was a great year and we hope your 2011 is ever better!
Love,
The Lufts
No comments:
Post a Comment