Sunday, October 12, 2008

Potential Overload

I believe that my usual ability to stay ahead of all the stress in my life by planning and scheduling every activity into bite-size tasks where they fit into my calendar has finally been pushed beyond the natural limits and the system is in major threat of overload; we are talking the red zone! So, everyone knows that I am leaving my "day" job for a new one and I knew that it would be a crazy last couple of weeks now that all my current projects all have the exact same end date to either be passed on or passed off. On top of that, I was "volunteered" by my fabulous boss to help him screen potential candidates to fill the position I am vacating with a contractor - guess I made the right decision to leave given that they don't think there's enough work long-term to hire someone to replace me huh? So, now all the work from work is spilling over into the "at home" hours in order to get everything done I want to complete to leave a good legacy behind. On top of that, I have now - count them - 3 days in which to do my 12 hours of Continuing Education so I can renew my Real Estate License. This is also an activity which requires "at home" hours away from the day job. I was going to spend the weekend online doing this but couldn't since Erin had a mandatory dance camp in Salem. (I didn't know there was a Salem in Utah either but guess what!) It is a long enough drive away that with gas still over $3 a gallon it made zero sense to drive her down and go back home. So, Clint and I drove her down Saturday morning and spent the day in Happy Valley while she danced her heart out. We got to see a little performance of what the girls all learned at the end of the camp and even Clint made a comment that eluded to his being impressed. The older girls had learned several dances and he said "how do they keep track of everything!". HA, dance is hard work, huh, really?!? Erin will be dancing at a Jazz halftime in January and they were learning part of the routine. Pretty exciting stuff and Erin slept all the way home! It is a telling sign that I'm on overload when I didn't even remember to bring my camera to take photos for the blog of the dancing. Today I had to do all the laundry I would normally have done on Saturday plus cook dinner for the first of two of Erin's birthday parties that are happening tonight with the family. Right now I wish I had no other care in the world than chasing birds like Sasha is doing in the back yard!

No comments: