Ok, Kerstin tagged me first but Amber also did! Apparently it is the blog form of an email "answer these questions" and I'm always up for those so here goes!
Six Question Tag
1. Six places I go over and over: work, Erin's school, Erin's dance studio, Smiths, our favorite Mexican place and our favorite sushi place.
2. Six people who email me regularly: Clint, Denice, Amber, Mom, Gram, Becky (of course, this list would be MUCH different if it were people who IM me regularly....)
3. Six of my favorite places to eat: Aculpulco, Fortune Cookie, Ruby Tuesday, Olive Garden, Soup Kitchen, Marketstreet
4. Six places I would rather be right now: on the couch watching a movie, reading a book, Italy, the beach, Mexico, outside (if only it were warmer - the moon is so beautiful tonight!)
5. Six people I think will respond (aka, the TAG): I tag everyone I know who blogs and hasn't already tagged... which is Adrian, Christauna, Angel and TipTopTux
6. Six TV shows I watch: this is a tough one for me as I am not a TV watcher! BattleStar Galactica (which hasn't had new episodes for MONTHS!), UFC (Clint's favorite), Spongebob (Erin's favorite), Heros (but only on DVD so far), I want THAT! on FLN. I know that's not 6 but seriously can't think of anything else!
Six Quirks About Me:
1. I am a freak about saving things. Bills I paid from our first apartment (15 years ago!), Birthday cards, wedding invitations, extra buttons from new clothes, receipts, every school paper that Erin has brought home starting with pre-school when she was 4, clothes that are out of style and I couldn't wear again if I tried... You name it, I save it. When Clint and I got married he used to make me go through the closet once a year and get rid of at least a stack of things I hadn't worn that year. I am not such a freak about saving clothes and shoes now because of it (unless there's sentimental value like my VICA jackets and my letter sweater or the dress I wore to graduation-I've only been out of school for going on 2 decades!) but everything else I still collect. I have boxes labeled "scrapbook stuff" that I think might be fun to look back on someday. It has treasures like movie tickets to every movie we've ever been to, airline ticket stubs, brochures for places we've traveled to, stuff like that. And since these things are in a box with a girlie label like scrap booking Clint won't make me throw it away...
2. I love the Moon... I always know what phase of the moon we are in and where to look in the sky for it. And I always take a minute to moon gaze when I'm outside to feed Sasha before I go to bed. It calms me for some reason I can't explain. This is true even when the moon is still "up" in the daytime. I'm a moon girl!
3. I always snooze the alarm clock in the morning for at least a half an hour and more like an hour lately. I physically cannot just hear the alarm, turn it off and get out of bed. I instead have to decide when the latest I really have to be up is and then set the alarm for an hour earlier so I can have my snooze time. It's like somehow I'm tricking myself into thinking that I slept longer and got an extra hour or something. And when I actually get up after only a half hour of snoozing instead of the alloted hour? I pat myself on the back that I got up "early". Can't explain that one, either...
4. I am an obsessive planner... I plan everything down to the minutia. Doesn't matter what we are doing, I'm over planning it and over packing things to take with us. Clint doesn't plan anything, just gets an idea in his head and starts off knowing that he can just figure it out along the way. I'm the girl who packs a rain coat just in case we get rained on and then cart it around all day without needing it. Luckily we balance each other out!
5. I type everything... There's lots of instances with my job where I can cut and paste commands that I'm doing over and over on the system; or where most of the command is the same as the next line and I could just issue a 2-character command to bring up the line to change the one or two characters. But, I can't do it. I have to type out everything and I mean everything! Drives people at work crazy to watch me but I type so fast that I can still get it done before they could if we were racing!
6. I am so easily distracted from one thing to the next - especially around the house. I will start something and walk into the next room on some part of that task and find something else that I think "oh, I should do that while I'm here" and stop what I was originally doing to start the next thing. After doing that over and over I usually stumble across the first thing that I started (where I left off) and think "oh yeah, I need to finish that" and stop what I am currently doing to continue. Like a viscous cycle over and over. At the end of a Saturday spent at home and left to my own devices I've done a TON of stuff but not completed a single thing... and I'm exhausted. And then Clint will come in and say "what have you been doing all day?" because there is no clear evidence of what I did! I hate this about myself...
And a bonus quirk I just thought of... I always have a book hidden somewhere on my person (usually in my purse!) You never know when you're going to have 5 minutes you could be reading after all!
No comments:
Post a Comment