My favorite time of the year has finally come around again! It isn't too hot to leave the comfort of the air conditioned indoors; you need a jacket or sweater in the early or late hours of the day; and the leaves are changing color getting ready to fall. Yes, FALL is here and man am I loving it!
Last weekend, we spent Sunday driving through the mountains and looking at the beautiful leaves and scenery. I know that it would kill me to ever leave the mountains and I shudder to think of it ever happening (even though I bitch about being surrounded by raving lunatic Republicans...) I think we took over a hundred photos of leaves - from up close to landscape vistas. It was a great day!
Erin is doing Girl Scouts and working on her Outdoor Adventurer badge (they are called Try-Its in Brownies...). So she got to wear her girl scout vest to designate that it was an official outing and we went on a hike to find the smallest living thing we could find. We tried several times to get a really great hike in and set out several times only to get rained on and turn back before it turned into a soaking. We ended up finding grasshoppers and ants and several small spiders and got to check off the task in her handbook.
We stopped at the summit of the mountain and ate a picnic lunch and at one point stopped to let Erin wade in the water at the bottom of a waterfall. We were hiking on the last trail we embarked on and trying to find photo opportunities we could enlarge and put in our house on the walls when a super-nice older couple offered to take a family picture. So, now we have evidence that Mommy was on the adventure as well as Daddy and Erin... Now if only Fall will last as long as it seemed that Summer did this year so we can hold off Winter and its inevitable snow as long as possible.
My favorite day of the year approaches... All Hallows Eve... and this year I am branching out beyond the typical witch-y costume. Hopefully folks won't be too disappointed! Erin already has her costume and is so bummed that she won't be able to dress up at school since she will be off track. What a bummer since she loves Halloween as much as I do and I'll be at a new job were I don't even know for sure that I can dress up and won't be able to take the day off just because it is Halloween. We shall see how it all comes together I suppose.
I'm slowly weaning myself off the Blackberry and man is it rough!
No comments:
Post a Comment