How do you go back and do justice when you've been a blogging slacker? You jumble everything into a few big posts and hope it does your life justice - or at least that's what I'm telling myself!
First: Easter
I have a source for farm fresh (from the backyard) eggs and here's proof of the difference! Because we colored easter eggs together at my parent's house, my beautiful eggs got mixed up with the icky store-bought eggs. Of course I didn't know until we cracked into the first couple for breakfast that morning and saw the stark difference in the bowl. So, I took the opportunity to snap a photo for comparison sake. The bright orange yolks on the left are farm fresh, the pale yellow ickiness are from the store. There IS a difference in food sources and I'm not a crazy cracker like my family all think I am! :D
After Easter basket hunting (and I'm sure candy eating) at home, we did Easter at Denice's with just my immediate family. Our extended family has officially grown too large to hold the annual Egg Hunt all together. It was very strange but we still had tons of fun at our indoor hunt since the weather was not cooperating for an outdoor event.
Late April: we made strawberry jam with aunt Denice and my Gram. Growing up, Gram always had homemade strawberry jam at her house and it was heaven in a jar. I think it is by far the most important thing I have learned from her - or at least our stomachs think so!
Erin got to got to work with me for my company's annual "Bring Your Child to Work Day" and she was so excited. Working in a very large corporate environment, it isn't as easy to just drop in and see Mommy at work and she had been missing out and begging to see where I work for a while. They did a scavenger hunt tour of the building and the kids got to interview their parents about what they do for the company then spend a couple of hours observing a "normal" workday. It was fun to show her off to my co-workers and we'll definitely do it again next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment