Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I QUIT

Literally, I quit my job today! Many know that I've been courted recently by the IT department at a local (and quite monopolizing) health care organization to join their ranks. Well, after several interviews and several weeks of deliberating and my hard bargaining skills they finally came up with an offer that I couldn't refuse. I gave my notice at the bank this morning and took my pre-employment pee in a cup this afternoon at the pre-employment lab. Now I will have to give up my Blackberry to don a pager; swap the HP laptop for a Dell; give up 2-weeks-at-at time on call shifts for 3-hours-at-a-time per week on a rotating schedule; and go from knowing everything to knowing nothing. It seems like a daunting task and while I look forward to the newness and the fabulous opportunity it is with sadness that I leave behind what I have built and the friendships that I have fostered. Three years seem to have flown by as I am sure the next three will as well. (Annie, look out - I just might be on the other line if you ever have to call for support!) Au revuoir and thanks for the memories!

1 comment:

Ben and Andria said...

Welcome aboard!!! Now I'll just call you direct when I have a technical problem!