Last month was our family reunion for one branch of my Grandma's family tree. It is the funniest reunion because all the individual family units gather together and then sit in their own family groups with rarely any mingling. There are people that I've seen at the reunion for the last 3 years that I couldn't tell you who they were, what their names are or how they were related to me. We're a slow-to-mingle bunch but each year more and more of us strike up conversation with folks we don't really know and eventually (maybe before most of us are dead, I hope!) we'll all know one another. My first cousin once removed (thanks to Adrian, I now know that's exactly what to call him!) and his family came in from out of state for the event and stayed the weekend with us. Here's a bunch of photos from the reunion at the park. I loved taking photos of the kids at the playground.
Could there be anything that says "summer" more than rolling down a big hill? This is Erin and Brynlee - they were SO dizzy when they got done but went back for at least three more tries! Including one where they ran right into each other and smashed their heads. The next try had a little more space between them for safety.
This is Erin's very first time going down the "fireman pole" at the playground all by herself. She watched her older cousins do it a couple of times and I spotted her a few more then told her to go for it. The first photo shows her reluctance, the next her success. Now, that's her favorite part of the playground.
1 comment:
Love the pictures. I may have to steal a few from you. I can't believe that I forgot to bring my camera!!!
Post a Comment