Sunday, September 21, 2008

The weekend of dirt...

We got a dump truck full of dirt delivered to our driveway yesterday morning. AT 7:30AM! Sorry to all the neighbors who were probably rudely awakened. It was scheduled to arrive at 8:00 but apparently the schedule wasn't really exact science... Now Clint is moving the dirt to strategic locations that we've only had our imaginations to picture as raised flowerbeds until now. Notice the difference on each side of the rock behind Sasha in the one photo... I get all a twitter that the front yard landscape project might be coming to an end after 2 years!



Speaking of Sasha, she has found her official look-out spot. Whenever she is out front with us, she sits in the same spot of grass on the park strip - with her legs crossed like the lady she is - and watches the goings-ons and life in the neighborhood. What a crazy Elkhound....



Erin had a much better week this week and I'm getting better at juggling the homework and managing bedtime so she has a better and more rested experience. Ya for Mom finally getting her shit together?!? I snapped a photo with my camera phone (read as "poor quality") when I picked her up at dance. (She has a couple of little friends already and they look so dang cute in their dance uniforms!) I swear, if I hear "MOMMY, I'M HUUUUNGRY!!" one more time I might just scream... I think Erin has a bottomless pit instead of a stomach just like her Daddy. It will probably not show up under x-ray but I know it is there!! The kid is constantly eating.



Tuesday I had book club (read the book review on my "other" blog if you're interested here http://dontyouwishyouhadacrystalball.blogspot.com/2008/09/screwtape-letters.html) and Friday night I went to dinner and margarita's with the girls from work. I came home to an impromptu fire in the backyard with our fabulous neighbors - who we also watched the Utes spank Air Force to remain undefeated with on Saturday. Take note, Clint WILL suspend landscape work for a good football game but not much else....

As the weekend of dirt heads for a close, I look forward with much anticipation to posting "after" photos when the landscape is finally done!!

1 comment:

Kerstin and Jed said...

Spank? I hardly call a 30 to 23 win a Spank.... now on the other hand, a 44 to 0 win such as what the Cougars pulled off saturday... is what I would define as a spank :)