Monday, September 1, 2008
New Obsession
I am obsessed with Rock Band ... you know, the PlayStation video game? The neighbors invited us over Friday night to play and three hours later I was hooked! Well, actually, one song and I was hooked and then it took three hours to get them to kick me and the rest of the gang out of the house. I didn't realize how much I missed my musical pursuits of my earlier years. I can't decide which I like best - singing into a microphone again, slinging the guitar across my shoulders or banging a rhythm out on the drums. One thing is for certain, Santa will have a thumbs up from this Mommy when Erin wants to put a Wii on her list this year since I know that they have a version of rock band as well. After Friday night's "jam session", on Saturday night I spent an hour playing Wii Tennis with my nephew McKade. Then I finagled another rock band session at the neighbors earlier this evening. That's three nights in a row for me... Maybe it isn't simply the Rock Band game that I have become obsessed with. Bottom line, my right arm hurts tonight like I've been lifting some heavy duty weights at the gym and all I have to account for it is video gaming for three days. It was so cute to see Erin singing along tonight - she can't really read yet but still could mumble along with the tune and get a decent score. Maybe a girl after her Mommy's heart and musical ability, too. It was fun to have her see me and ask me about my days in the band. Maybe she'll need some music lessons to go along with her dancing to keep her well rounded? Tonight was Clint's first rock band session and he was a bit intimidated so chose, as is his nature, to observe and try to learn everything he could before he jumps in and tries something out. Another couple of sessions and he'll be one of the band I hope! Watch out neighbors, I might just have to break out the ol' guitar and amp for good old times' sake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment