Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Mornings...
OK, everyone knows I am NOT a morning person. And turns out neither is my daughter! She is a mini-me after all so who is surprised? Doesn't matter how early I get her to bed, mornings around our house suck. Erin's current bed time is 8:30pm on school nights and most of the time she is asleep about then being exhausted by dance or gymnastics. Knowing how much I appreciate the same thing, I let her sleep until the very last second possible before waking her. Inevitably her first words are a groan and a roll over mumbling, "mooommmmy, I'm sleeeeepy!" and tries to go back to sleep. Now school starts at 8:30-ish and we have to be ready to leave the house by 8:15 to avoid the idiot parents who don't know how to manage to successfully navigate a DROP OFF zone at the elementary school... but that's a topic for another day! Most mornings we are running for the door after my uttering the words "HURRY!!" about a hundred times. We even have baths at night to avoid added time in the mornings. And most of the time I'm stuck feeding the dog on my way out to work after having dropped Erin off because I'm not ready to leave when she is because I've spent all my morning prep time managing her morning routine. You see a pattern, don't you? Anyway, here's the kicker.... School days Erin wakes up at 7:15am and fights it tooth and nail. YET... last weekend she was not in bed before 11pm either night and was up ON HER OWN and bright-eyed and bushy-tailed BEFORE 8 AM the following mornings!! Of course on those days it is Erin waking Mommy up with what has become her mantra lately... "Mommy, I'm HUNGRY!" Is it simply payback to ruin my weekend sleep-in mornings because she hates that I have to wake her up on the weekdays? I just can't win and mornings will always suck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment