Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lazy weekend

Sometimes you just need a lazy weekend and this was one of them. Although my having to go into the office for a system change this morning at 1:30 AM was not a treat! Clint had a buddy over to hang out and drink beer by the fire pit last night while I went to bed at the crazy hour of 8:00PM.
Erin and I went to a jewelry open house at the neighbors yesterday and then went to get her outfitted for dance that starts tomorrow. This is her on the merry-go-round in the shopping center. Of course I didn't fall for the $.75 they wanted because every time I do it simply takes the money and doesn't give her a ride. So, she sat on her favorite horse and I snapped a photo.
Clint went for a bike ride on the V-Star yesterday (don't tell Dad because we haven't licensed it yet this year and it still has his plates on it...) He wandered around the neighborhoods around us stopping to talk to people we know more than riding the bike. He likes to think he isn't as much of a social animal as I am but when he wants to be he can be.
Friday night we had sushi with some friends from the neighborhood and Clint worked on the final touches of the rock wall. He says that now we can seal it all and start back-filling the flowerbeds. Maybe we'll actually plant our bushes and have something besides trees and rocks in the landscape before snow flies.... maybe!
Best part of the weekend had to be massages on Friday night after sushi. Our new masseuse rocks and we are getting spoiled with weekly massages. Of course when the 4 hours of massage gift certificates I bought run out it will be an expensive habit to continue!

No comments: